I don't really care much for Justin Timberlake all that much, but I just like these lyrics. They kind of mean something to me, but then again they don't. Its just like you are sick of having those meaningless relationships and you want something more real, and your sick of just being friends, you want more than that. But when you think you've found that "just right" type of person, the timing is wrong, and for you it ends up being all or nothing (if you can't have them then, then you'll never have them). Lol I guess it means more to me than I thought, lol just shows whats happened to me in the past, but it doesn't really mean anything at the present time.
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE:
"Nothin' Else"
I was just walking that day
Aimlessly
(Oh, oh no)
You picked a perfect day
To bump into me
(Perfect day, mmm)
Probably should've watched the stars in the sky
The night before
(Heey, hey)
But for some reason
We still met at your store
(You, baby)
Your eyes have a story that they wish to tell
And I have my whole life
And I listen well
(Hey)
Look, I'll be your confidant
Tell me anything
But please start it off with how you tuck your wings
(Ohhh ooo ohh)
[Chorus]
There's nothing else that I have seen
There's no getting around it
Or in between
You're out of this world
Except you're not green
Look
You don't know what you mean
To me
To me
All my friends meet you and say
You're the one
(You're the one, you're the one... hey ooo)
And all my meaningless friendships Should be done
(I should just leave them alone, baby, eh heh)
You had a friend
But he did you wrong
But I'm a Godsent Sign
That reads
Please move on
With me
(With me)
You taught me to use my heart
And forget my eyes
(Use my heart... forget my eyes.. mmm)
And that's the way
To His kingdom of eternal life
(ooh eh heh hehhh)
Since you're an angel, baby
Your job's never done
Too bad the world will see you
When they dial 9-1-1
(That's why..)
[Chorus]
[Chorus]
There's nothin' else in this world
(Nothin' else)
Like you
(Yeah)
So why is it so complicated?
(So complicated)
What are you afraid of?
(Oooh, ooh)
I've been asking everybody
What they think
(Yeah, yeah)
But I don't know why
Because they don't know you
(Oooh, ooh)
I'm even asking other guys
What would they say
(Yeah, yeah)
But I don't know why
'Cause they don't do what I do
(Oooh, ooh)
Girl, let's save the ultimatum for you
(Yeah-yeah, yeah)
But you'd probably take that
And just run
(Oooh, ooh)
Now I gotta decide if I'mma help raise your mind
See the ultimatums or me
That's no fun
I was just walking that day
Aimlessly
Da da da-dum
Da da da-dum
Da da da-dum
Dum dum dum...
Ok well for one thing I love Josh Groban's voice. And another thing, I really love these lyrics. Its cool cause you know when you lie in bed sometimes and you wonder if your special someone is thing about you too, or when your outside looking at the stars, you wonder who else out there is looking too. And well also this means to me, that even though you miss someone, there really not as far away as you think, and even if someone leaves your life (moving or they die), their love for you will always be there. My favorite line on this one is the one in bold. Cause I really do believe "just because you can't see it doesn't mean its not there." You have to have faith in every possibility, faith in every aspect of life. Otherwise, whats the point in doing the simplest of things, like daydreaming?
JOSH GROBAN:
"To Where You Are"
Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memories so clear
Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be (?)
That you are mine
Forever love
And you are watching over me from up above
[Chorus]
Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are
Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen
As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
'Cause you are mine
Forever love
Watching me from up above
And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave
[Chorus]
I know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are
I really like this song cause my favorite motto is that "anything is possible," and because its just a beautiful song. I know it drives people crazy when I tell them that, but its true anything can happen at any moment. And this song does give some examples, but none of them directly affect me. My example is soccer, just because you've beat someone before doesn't mean you'll beat them the next time. And just because something bad happens (like breaking up) that doesn't mean its the end of the world, its not impossible for things to get better. And sometimes you may think and opportunity will never happen for you, but anything is possible. My point, you can't give up, always keep trying even if it may not be necessary. Don't give up... EVER!! And seriously you really can underestimate the impossible.
JOE NICHOLS
"The Impossible"
My dad chased monsters from the dark,
He checked underneath my bed.
An' he could lift me with one arm,
Way up over top his head.
He could loosen rusty bolts,
With a quick turn of his wrench.
He pulled splinters from his hand,
And never even flinched.
In thirteen years I'd never seen him cry,
But the day that grandpa died, I realized:
[Chorus 1]
Unsinkable ships sink.
Unbreakable walls break.
Sometimes the things you think could never happen,
Happen just like that.
Unbendable steel bends.
If the fury of the wind is unstoppable,
I've learned to never underestimate,
The impossible.
An' then there was my junior year,
Billy had a brand new car.
It was late, the road was wet,
I guess the curve was just too sharp.
I walked away without a scratch.
They brought the helicopter in.
An' Billy couldn't feel his legs.
Said he'd never walk again.
But Billy said he would and his Mom and daddy prayed,
And the day we graduated, he stood up to say:
[Chorus 1]
So don't tell me that it's over.
Don't give up on you and me.
'Cos there's no such thing as hopeless,
If you believe:
Unsinkable ships sink.
Unbreakable walls break.
Sometimes the things you think could never happen,
Happen just like that.
Unbendable steel bends.
If the fury of the wind is unstoppable,
I've learned to never underestimate,
The impossible.
Lol, so what do you think of my interpretations? No I'm just kidding with ya, I just love music, and most of that music I haven't heard yet, but someday I will. But for now, this is the music I'm choosing to share with you. Oh and by the way, if you couldn't tell, I like analyzing songs and telling you what they mean to me and what they make me think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment