Tuesday, March 25, 2003

HANSON:
"This Time Around"

It's getting colder in this ditch where I lie
I'm feeling older and I'm wondering why
I heard they told her it was tell and live or die
I didn't know her but I know why she lied
I didn't know her but I know why she died

[Chorus:]
You can't say I didn't give it
I won't wait another minute
We're on our way this time around
You can't say I didn't give it
I won't wait another minute
We're on our way this time around

And we won't go down

I heard them say that dreams should stay in your head
Well I feel ashamed of the things that I've said
Put on these chains and you can live a free life
Well I'd rather bleed just to know why I die

[Chorus]

And we won't go down
And we won't go down
And we won't go down
And we won't go down
All I know is that fear has got to go
This time around

I've started feeling like I don't want to fight
Give in to the given and put out the light
Cannons a blazing shower these moonlit skies
Then I remember and I know why he died
Do you know why I die

[Chorus 2x]

And we won't go down
And we won't go down
And we won't go down


MEREDITH BROOKS:
"Bitch"

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know but I can't change
Tried to tell you
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet
Yesterday I cried
Must have been relieved to see
The softer side
I can understand how you'd be so confused
I don't envy you
I'm a little bit of everything
All rolled into one

[Chorus:]
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way

So take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing

[Chorus]

Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing
I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me

[Chorus]

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease
I'm a goddess on my knees
When you hurt, when you suffer
I'm your angel undercover
I've been numb, I'm revived
Can't say I'm not alive
You know I wouldn't want it any other way


MEREDITH BROOKS:
"Perfect View"

Sitting in your car, it's the edge of the night
You turn to me baby, and I say that it's alright
You stare at the moon, then the music starts
The radio plays a song, for broken hearts
Your eyes turn a deep shade of blue
You can try but you can't hide the truth
I'm on the outside looking right into you
It's a perfect view, and they say...

[Chorus:]
Na Na Na Na Na Na
Standing next to you
Na Na Na Na Na Na
It's a perfect view
Na Na Na Na Na Na
Looking straight through you
Na Na Na Na Na Na
It's a perfect view

I want to walk away, but I just can't go
'Cause I've got this fear, can't let it show
I'm a man alone don't get too near
Are those the words you mean for me to hear?
Who you are, it's something I cannot change
I realize that we both are the same
I'm on the outside looking right into you
It's a perfect view, and they say...

[Chorus]

Sitting in your car, it's the edge of the night
You turn to me baby, and I say it's all right
Just for tonight, can't we pretend
And make a world where nothing has to end, and they say...

[Chorus]


LINKIN PARK:
"By Myself"

What do I do to ignore them behind me?
Do I follow my instincts blindly?
Do I hide my pride / from these bad dreams
And give in to sad thoughts that are maddening?
Do I / sit here and try to stand it?
Or do I / try to catch them red – handed?
Do I trust some and get fooled by phoniness,
Or do I trust nobody and live in loneliness?
Because I can’t hold on / when I’m stretched so thin
I make the right moves but I’m lost within
I put on my daily façade but then
I just end up getting hurt again
By myself [myself]
I ask why, but in my mind
I find I can’t rely on myself
chorus:
I can’t hold on
To what I want when I’m stretched so thin
It’s all too much to take in
I can’t hold on
To anything watching everything spin
With thoughts of failure sinking in
If I
Turn my back I’m defenseless
And to go blindly seems senseless
If I hide my pride and let it all go on / then they’ll
Take from me ‘till everything is gone
If I let them go I’ll be outdone
But if I try to catch them I’ll be outrun
If I’m killed by the questions like a cancer
Then I’ll be buried in the silence of the answer
[by myself]
How do you think / I’ve lost so much
I’m so afraid / I’m out of touch
How do you expect / I will know what to do
When all I know / Is what you tell me to
Don’t you know
I can’t tell you how to make it go
No matter what I do, how hard I try
I can’t seem to convince myself why
I’m stuck on the outside


LIFEHOUSE:
”Hanging By A Moment"

Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
Closer where I Started
Chasing after you

I’m falling even more in love with you
letting go of all I’ve held onto
I’m standing here until you make me move
I’m hanging by a moment here with you

forgetting all I’m lacking
completely incomplete
I’ll take your invitation
you take all of me

now.. I’m falling even more in love with you
letting go of all I’ve held onto
I’m standing here until you make me move
I’m hanging by a moment here with you

I’m living for the only thing I know
I’m running and not quite sure where to go
I don't know what I’m diving into
just hanging by a moment here with you

there's nothing else to lose
nothing left to find
there's nothing in the world
that could change my mind
there is nothing else
there is nothing else...

Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
Closer where I Started
Chasing after you

I’m falling even more in love with you
letting go of all I’ve held onto
I’m standing here until you make me move
I’m hanging by a moment here with you

I’m living for the only thing I know
I’m running and not quite sure where to go
I don't know what I’m diving into
just hanging by a moment here with you

just hanging by a moment
hanging by a moment..
hanging by a moment...
hanging by a moment here with you..

No comments: