Sunday, February 09, 2003

*My Heart*

Everyday when I walk out of my room to go discover what the day will bring me, I read a Quote on my wall, it is "Listen to your heart" and just above it I have "Reach for the Stars." These are probably my words of wisdom for everyday life. At this point in my life I really am quietly listening to my heart. Well kind of but not. I know what I feel and want out of life, and I listen to my heart always but I don't always follow my heart, and sometimes I think its for the best I don't always follow it. But for the serious matters I have followed it. I always think about the future and what may come of my life.

Well I made some decisions that helped me make a path for my life. First I made the decision to transfer schools so that I could play high school soccer, this was a really hard decision because I had been going to school in Glen Rose for 10 years, it was my whole world, and many people worry about getting out of their home towns. Lol guess I've already succeeded at that!! I am extremely glad I followed my heart, although I knew the transition would be difficult I thought of the benefits. One that came true was that I made varsity, and I actually earned my position, but well I did earn my position in GR in softball but all we had was a varsity, but I was a starting player so yeah I earned it. Anyways, yeah the only thing I thought about Granbury was soccer, I never really thought about anything else.

But I had another benefit. I've been dating Miranda for almost 5 months now. Which is the longest relationship I think I've ever had. Lol this relationship has been alot of firsts for me!! Lol, well the longest yeah, she was my first kiss ever, and the first same-sex relationship I've ever had. See in Granbury I'm not scared of anyone knowing that I am bisexual. But I just have this fear I guess you could say of even one person knowing in GR, cause if one person knows then the whole town knows, I don't really care if they know but I can't really explain it. I guess its being afraid of them being disappointed. I also don't care if my parents know cause I know they really will accept me for who I am, but still I think it would be awkward. But enough about that.

~~~~~~Quotes~~~~~~

"The world in general doesn't know what to make of originality; it is startled out of its comfortable habits of thought, and its first reaction is one of anger." --W. Somerset Maugham

"Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique." --Annie Gottlieb

"As long as the differences and diversities of mankind exist, democracy must allow for compromise, for accommodation, and for the recognition of differences." --Eugene McCarthy

"Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. --Albert Einstein

No comments: