Dangit...
Unfortunately we lost our first districe game last night (second round of district), to Stephenville, we are now 4-1. We played an exceptionally good game, with all of the circumstances. We had some of our key players injured before the game (at the end of this game, one more to the list, Jeannie with a concussion), but mainly we changed almost our entire line-up (4 people stayed in the same positions, me, Jamie, Taylor, and Sabrina). I thought we did very well with adjusting with the changes, like Coach Kear said "Its just won of those games where the ball just won't go in." We had so many shots on goal but none of them sank in. Wow, just a good game. We ended in a tie, 0-0, no goals scored in play. And what I keep saying, is that there isn't really anything you can do in a shoot out, just 1 on 1 on action. We ended up losing 3-1, and Ann scored which is cool and ironic cause before that she had no confidence in herself that she could do it, and we all told her she could, and she did. Let's see Sabrina chipped it over the goal, Tasha's was blocked by the goalie, and Jennifer's was just outside of the left corner pole. Not much you can do in situations like that.
We were all happy about the game. But our fans on the otherhand, ooohhh.... man was our team pissed. Which I completely understand but I tend to just ignore everyones comments, and keep my mouth shut, cause I like for things to stay calm. And some parents keep trying to say it was mostly the teenage people saying crap. But we on the team no better, those teenagers don't come to every game. But more parents than the normal were talking crap. Yeah I understand sometimes where they're coming from on bad calls but thats usually a rare case. Most of the time the ref is making the right calls, and we as players agree with him, well except some when they're frustrated (at them selves). But it really embarasses us when our own parents (mine know to be quiet) are screaming at the refs. It really pisses us off when they scream at us, they try to tell us what to do and how to play our game. We are doing what our coach tells us to do, but really we're playing our game. He has told us that before, that all he can do is advise us before the game, and then when we're on the field there isn't anything he can do about it, cause he's not the one playing. Our parents criticize us more than they encourage us, its just sad. But yeah like I said I just keep my mouth shut, cause I don't want to start anything or embarass some of the players (cause its their parents). I'm the peacemaker I guess you could say, last night I had to ask them to be quiet (yelling but calmly done). Well anyways, it was a good game, just really disappointed, I really wanted to win. I played one of the best games I've had so far. I just want to say two words: backward headers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment