*~*More Quotes YAYYYYY*~*
~~CURIOSITY~~
"I could not, at any age, be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. The fatal thing is the rejection. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life."--Eleanor Roosevelt
"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but where human beings are concerned, the only thing a healthy curiosity can kill is ignorance."--Harry Lorayne
"Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will."--James Stephens
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reasons for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."--Edmund Burke
"There are two sorts of curiosity -- the momentary and the permanent. The momentary is concerned with the odd appearance on the surface of things. The permanent is attracted by the amazing and consecutive life that flows on beneath the surface of things."--Robert Lynd
~~EXPERIENCE~~
"All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience."--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive."--Joseph Campbell
"I have learned by some experience, by many examples, and by the writings of countless others before me, also occupied in the search, that certain environments, certain modes of life, certain rules of conduct are more conducive to inner and outer harmony than others. There are, in fact, certain roads that one may follow. Simplification of life is one of them."--Ann Morrow Lindbergh
~~Courage~~
"Confront your fears, list them, get to know them, and only then will you be able to put them aside and move ahead."--Jerry Gillies
Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."--Eddie Rickenbacker
"Courage is reclaiming your life after a devastating event robs you of your confidence and self-esteem. It is facing tomorrow with a firm resolve to reach deep within yourself to find another strength, another talent...It is taking yourself to another level of your own existence where you are once again whole, productive, special..."--Catherine Britton
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."--Winston Churchill
"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."--Aristotle
"I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me. I have accepted fear as a part of life--specifically the fear of change, the fear of the unknown; and I have gone ahead despite the pounding in my heart that says: turn back, turn back, you'll die if you venture too far."--Erica Jong
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."--Andre Gide
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic."--Anonymous
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."--Franklin Delano Roosevelt
"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage."--Ralph Waldo Emerson
"When you are in doubt, be still, and wait. When doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward in courage."--White Eagle
"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give."--Eleanor Roosevelt
~~Honesty~~
"Almost any difficulty will move in the face of honesty. When I am honest I never feel stupid. And when I am honest I am automatically humble."--Hugh Prather
"Every time we give our word, it counts. For the most part, most people give it entirely too often. Our word is a precious commodity and should be treated as such."--John-Roger and Peter McWilliams
"An honest answer is the sign of true friendship."--Proverbs 24:26
"I have found that being honest is the best technique I can use. Right up front, tell people what you're trying to accomplish and what you're willing to sacrifice to accomplish it."--Lee Iacocca
"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?"--Fanny Brice
"A "No" uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a "Yes" merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble."--Mohandas Gandhi
"What's terrible is to pretend that the second-rate is first-rate. To pretend that you don't need love when you do; or you like your work when you know quite well you're capable of better."--Doris Lessing
No comments:
Post a Comment