**Starting Meds**
So generally I've always thought that taking medicine for depression was just a big joke. Sometimes depression is just a chemical embalance, they said. I just thought it was a bunch of bullshit. My mom tried putting me on it before, needless to say it didn't work because of the situation it was in, I had logical reasons to be depressed. I think I tried taking it again later to help me sleep, but I always forgot to take it, so when I finally ran out of it, I didn't get it refilled. But like I said the situations are different. I know my depression the last few months, have not been logical at all. So the last few doctor visits I've had relating to my ovaries (and something other than pms and being pregnant, lol, I'll explain later). So my first appointment I explained to my doctor what was going on and asked if I could get back on zoloft, and he said yeah sure. So I have the doctors sample for now, I have to go back in a about a week to tell him if its working or not, and if it is then I'll probably get a prescription for it. Which I am very happy to announce that it has been seeming to work. Which yeah side effects always kind of suck. Lol I've been having hot flashes, and it makes me feel super tired sometimes (usually the middle of the day, 3rd period, and I basically can't stop yawning and my body feels like I could just fall over). But as for keeping my emotions normal, its been working great. As for helping me concentrate better, it has definately been working. And I'm not just saying this, it has been working for me, I know it may not work for other people, but the situations are different, every situation is different in some way. But I haven't been able to focus like this in quite awhile.
It calms me quite a bit, cause well my grades have really slipped and luckily I have some kickass teachers, that aren't counting anything against me. They're letting me finish the work I didn't complete or just didn't do. I love my teachers. I'm so thankful for them, otherwise, I would probably be failing. Plus well they've kept me in check with myself, not just letting me fall behind, they've stayed on me about getting my stuff done. They really seem to care, my teachers at my old school never really seemed to be this effective with me.
Ok and as for my problem relating to my ovaries. My doctor said I was most like having midsmerts. Which is when half way through a girls cycle, something in the ovaries (not sure what its called, but just think of it as something like a balloon) ruptures to release new eggs into the cycle. Generally this goes unnoticed, but sometimes it is more severe, so then you experience pains, like when you're PMSing (which is actually before you bleed, lol guys don't seem to understand that), you have cramps and stuff. Well I thought originally I had a urinary tract infection, but my urine was completely clean. So the doctor said if it didn't go away within a few days to go back and see him. Well it didn't go away so I went and saw him again last week. And let me tell you, constant cramps that hurt like a mofo, and having an urgency to pee all the time, and when you pee its not very much and then it hurts afterwards, well its not very much fun. So when I went back to the doctor, they did another urine test, and once again it was completely clean. So they set up and appointment the next day for me to have a pelvic sonogram. Now let me tell you, it was great fun. I had to have a full bladder, or 32 oz. of liquid in me. Well I had more than 32 oz. and I wasn't allowed to pee until the sonogram was over, from the time I had my last drink of something, I had to wait about an hour 1/2. It really sucked. But they were checking to see if I had any cysts or anything. Which luckily I don't have any, but he said that my uterus lining was thick, which meant I was probably fixing to start my period. Which apparently he was right (but I didn't find out till after the fact), I started saturday, which was about a week early. It really pissed me off, damn midsmerts, lol. But nah... its all good, having it on weekends is better anyways. But yeah theres nothing wrong with me so thats always a plus.
No comments:
Post a Comment