Monday, January 24, 2005

MYSPACE:

Subject: coming together
Posted Date: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 12:32 AM
So once again I am attempting to post this for the 3rd time, 3rd time is a charm right?! I hope so. But anyways, this was a comment on this awesome site(which ya'll should check out). Especially go and check it out and see what all other North Texas activism events there are and read the articles and see the pictures. Its awesome. But yeah this is for all my activism buddies and for everyone else. I was at the Dallas Mourns and Code Pink events on thursday night. I must say it was a beautiful to see how so many different people with different backgrounds came together for such amazing causes. One of the speakers brought up that the civil rights campaign and women's rights campaigns in the past were all started with just a few numbers. And those numbers grew tremendously and eventually they got what they had fought so hard for. Going to these events and having everyone gather to unite in one cause, is just a beautiful thing to me. I believe in my heart that if we (the minority at the moment), keeping fighting for what we strive for, eventually we will meet our goals, we won't be a minority anymore. For the majority of people in the nation right now, they hardly think what we fight for is significant (like true equal rights and protection of our civil liberties, for the simple truth to be told, etc.), but its because they don't understand our activism. But the point is, every major struggle has started out as a small group of people, then they spread their beliefs or facts, and eventually we become a united group that I believe will continue to get larger and larger. Eventually we will win our fight, and get what we've fought for, for so long. We've seen it happen in the past, and I believe this is our time, this is our time to make it happen. I hate to use a cliche, but lets keep fighting the good fight. And I look forward to the many more of the awesome protests and gatherings. Ya know after trying to post something for the 3rd time, it just doesn't sound as smooth and good as the first time. Dumb internet. Anyways, I hope ya'll enjoy. LATERS

No comments: